S2LQ Fedora presence report
The S2LQ is now over. We had two great days and a lot of people had come! There was more than 600 persons who sign up for the free event which make this event one of the top 3 biggest event in the computer industry in Quebec, Canada!
First, sorry for the delay of this report, there’s a lot of thing happening in my life those last weeks and unfortunately I don’t have all the time I want to invest in my community activities..
That said, here’s a picture of the booth ( and me ) at the S2LQ
Unfortunately we haven’t received the Fedora 14 DVD and there was a bunch of F13 DVD/Live cd, so I gave those media to people and tell them to download the lastest version if they like it! I almost gave an entire box of DVD and LiveCD, I can’t tell you how many, but during those two days a lot of people come back home with Fedora media to try it :)The stickers and button were pretty popular too!
So what can I say regarding the event..
My main goal was:
- Position Fedora in Quebec city. Show to the people that there are people using Fedora and there’s help here in Quebec city if they have trouble!
- Put some visibility for the Fedora Project. This one was a success with all the media distributed and with the big Fedora vertical banner
- Explain to people the relationship between Redhat and the Fedora Project
- Create some connection between the member of other community in the Quebec area ( other distribution, project etc… )
- Publicize the fact that there’s two Fedora ambassadors in Quebec city, and where to look if they want to be informed of release party and other events.
- Explain what are the main goal of the Fedora as a Linux distribution, what are the differences with the other distributions etc..
All those objectives has been achieved! I’m really proud of this event, I’ve met a lot of people involved in very different way in Opensource and heard of project born here and we didn’t even know!
I event get a picture with Richard Stallman! Again not the best picture ever.. I don’t know what’s wrong with me an pictures ;)
Thanks for everyone who helped me for this event, I think about Larry Cafiero who sent me the vertical banner and the button, Jean-Francois Saucier who gave me the F13 media, ng who sent me Fedora t-shirt which I didn’t receive on time unfortunately :( ,Michael Lessard and Claude Reeves for all the talk during spare time between presentation! ;) Ho, and Thanks the Laurent Bounin and everyone from the APELL who make this event a success!
More photos of the event: